If you had the opportunity to meet a real Wisdom Keeper, what would you like to ask? We put this question out to social media and interviewed Wisdom Keepers. Here are the 11 most common questions for which people want answers:
1. Who am I and is there a destiny; if there is a destiny, am I here to change others or myself?
2. How did you, Wisdom Keeper, achieve your knowledge?
3. Why do there have to be so many lessons of hardship and how can one create a good and happy life?
4. What is your question or motto, Wisdom Keeper?
5. Will you tell me about the Spirit?
6. For what do we need wisdom because don´t we know already everything we should know and much more than the elders?
7. Is there an afterlife?
8. Are we connected to our ancestors? How?
9. What is the contrasting approach of traditional healing techniques and Western systems?
10. How can I stimulate my innovation capacities?
11. Why do all the mental and physical teachings and practices take so long?
We collected many more interesting questions, covering everything from the nature of time to the existence of aliens and, interestingly, the Wisdom Keepers were capable of answering most of these questions.
Follow our blog and find answers to these questions and many more that might broaden your knowledge.
In our modern, hectic world one may ask why something ancient and even old-fashioned would be beneficial for us, as it is the future we want to concentrate on. What added value does it bring to our lives that are already so packed with things, information and exercise?
Funnily enough, it has everything to give. Ancient wisdom is carved in our DNA. The problem is that we are not anymore connected to it, and that is why life is causing us big problems and struggle. Imagine any animal or plant in the world. We all know that in order to survive and breed, an animal follows the teachings carved in its DNA. We call it instinct. We humans are no different. But we are losing our instinct, which is born through the trials and errors of our ancestors.
If getting in contact with ancient wisdom and your instincts does not motivate you enough, here are ten more reasons for making your world feel and smell better, for everything to make more sense and why ancient wisdom is good for you:
1. THERE IS NOT ´ONE´ REALITY. Here is an easy example: a forest for a European boy means a different thing than it means for a Native American boy. For the first one the forest could represent a means to earn money, for the other one it is a living space playing a part in his destiny like it has done for many generations before him.
2. WISDOM CALMS YOU DOWN. Nothing spiritual here. Mindfulness and wellness are parts of ancient wisdom.
3. YOU WILL NEVER FEEL WORTHLESS AGAIN. You are part of a long lineage, and there really is a reason for everything and everyone.
4. ALTERNATIVE REMEDIES. They can be found, for example, to addictions, mental illnesses, autoimmune diseases and cancers. If you get really sick, you will have alternatives in your back pocket that modern medicine is ignoring (this does not mean that we should forget the gifts of Western medicine).
5. ANCIENT WISDOM HELPS YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE WORLD OF BELIEFS FROM A WIDER PERSPECTIVE. You will learn things that feel so natural and simple.
6. RELATING WITH YOUR ANCESTORS THROUGH ANCIENT CEREMONIES. You enter the fast track of history, and it gives a tingling sensation of doing something forbidden, because it is something unknown and therefore unacceptable.
7. LEARNING FROM LIFE EXPERIENCE. The connection between generations that is so normal for every species, can be repaired.
8. SUSTAINABLE LIVING ON EARTH can be effortless, and it does not mean we have to go back to the Stone Age.
9. STRENGTHENING YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL EYE. Ancient wisdom gives you tools to understand human behavior.
10. MAKING YOU SMARTER. Based on experience, very difficult to explain and probably can´t be proven scientifically.
As Lao Tzu says: you become depressed, if you are living in the past. You are anxious, if you live in the future, but if you live in the present, you are at peace. And that is exactly what the teachings of ancient wisdom give you: the ability to live here and now and enjoy it.
How many have heard that the physicist in Cern, Switzerland, have recently found small loops in time? They know that they are there, but they can´t explain them. So, how is it possible that already our ancestors knew that time was circular, not linear? How many have heard about Ayahuasca, the mother of all plants, which has incredible healing capacities? How many women in
today´s world have been raised in believing that being a woman is not a curse but a blessing? How many of you know that already thousands of years ago the incredible scientists of some indigenous tribes knew about quantum physics, something that the researchers of today are just starting to reveal? Or if we go into the more spiritual questions: what is Dreamtime? Something that the modern scientists are just starting to explore. Or the incredible impact, when the heart and the brain are working together.
Ancient wisdom can give answers to these questions and very often by just listening to the wisdom of the past, we don´t need to re-invent the wheel again and again. But unfortunately wisdom is disappearing from the world. Silent, dormant knowledge is dying, because we, in the dominant society, have selfishly ignored and stopped listening to it. The fact that we are surrounded by the most incredible devices, that we can jump into a bus or an airplane and we can surf on the web, is a result of millions and millions of cultural choices done by our ancestors. These choices have then been forwarded through knowledge and teachings from generations after generations. Unfortunately this lineage of unbroken knowledge has been cut sometimes during the industrial revolution.
Today we have all the imaginable tools to solve the problems in the world: from politics to economics, from religion to technology. And still we are living in a more turbulent world than ever. In Voices of Wisdom believe that bringing back the ancient wisdom can be a very effective component in this equation and helps to get back some balance to this world.
We are taking giant leaps in technology. It is said that the amount of information in the world will triple in two years, but at the same time we know that 95% of that information is totally useless in the long run and just turns into information noise. At the same time the development of our inner technology has been lagging behind big time. It is time also to advance our inner technology with the wisdom of the past, to be able to fully function in the present and to have wise visions for the future.