If you had the opportunity to meet a real Wisdom Keeper, what would you like to ask? We put this question out to social media and interviewed Wisdom Keepers. Here are the 11 most common questions for which people want answers:
1. Who am I and is there a destiny; if there is a destiny, am I here to change others or myself?
2. How did you, Wisdom Keeper, achieve your knowledge?
3. Why do there have to be so many lessons of hardship and how can one create a good and happy life?
4. What is your question or motto, Wisdom Keeper?
5. Will you tell me about the Spirit?
6. For what do we need wisdom because don´t we know already everything we should know and much more than the elders?
7. Is there an afterlife?
8. Are we connected to our ancestors? How?
9. What is the contrasting approach of traditional healing techniques and Western systems?
10. How can I stimulate my innovation capacities?
11. Why do all the mental and physical teachings and practices take so long?
We collected many more interesting questions, covering everything from the nature of time to the existence of aliens and, interestingly, the Wisdom Keepers were capable of answering most of these questions.
Follow our blog and find answers to these questions and many more that might broaden your knowledge.
In our modern, hectic world one may ask why something ancient and even old-fashioned would be beneficial for us, as it is the future we want to concentrate on. What added value does it bring to our lives that are already so packed with things, information and exercise?
Funnily enough, it has everything to give. Ancient wisdom is carved in our DNA. The problem is that we are not anymore connected to it, and that is why life is causing us big problems and struggle. Imagine any animal or plant in the world. We all know that in order to survive and breed, an animal follows the teachings carved in its DNA. We call it instinct. We humans are no different. But we are losing our instinct, which is born through the trials and errors of our ancestors.
If getting in contact with ancient wisdom and your instincts does not motivate you enough, here are ten more reasons for making your world feel and smell better, for everything to make more sense and why ancient wisdom is good for you:
1. THERE IS NOT ´ONE´ REALITY. Here is an easy example: a forest for a European boy means a different thing than it means for a Native American boy. For the first one the forest could represent a means to earn money, for the other one it is a living space playing a part in his destiny like it has done for many generations before him.
2. WISDOM CALMS YOU DOWN. Nothing spiritual here. Mindfulness and wellness are parts of ancient wisdom.
3. YOU WILL NEVER FEEL WORTHLESS AGAIN. You are part of a long lineage, and there really is a reason for everything and everyone.
4. ALTERNATIVE REMEDIES. They can be found, for example, to addictions, mental illnesses, autoimmune diseases and cancers. If you get really sick, you will have alternatives in your back pocket that modern medicine is ignoring (this does not mean that we should forget the gifts of Western medicine).
5. ANCIENT WISDOM HELPS YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE WORLD OF BELIEFS FROM A WIDER PERSPECTIVE. You will learn things that feel so natural and simple.
6. RELATING WITH YOUR ANCESTORS THROUGH ANCIENT CEREMONIES. You enter the fast track of history, and it gives a tingling sensation of doing something forbidden, because it is something unknown and therefore unacceptable.
7. LEARNING FROM LIFE EXPERIENCE. The connection between generations that is so normal for every species, can be repaired.
8. SUSTAINABLE LIVING ON EARTH can be effortless, and it does not mean we have to go back to the Stone Age.
9. STRENGTHENING YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL EYE. Ancient wisdom gives you tools to understand human behavior.
10. MAKING YOU SMARTER. Based on experience, very difficult to explain and probably can´t be proven scientifically.
As Lao Tzu says: you become depressed, if you are living in the past. You are anxious, if you live in the future, but if you live in the present, you are at peace. And that is exactly what the teachings of ancient wisdom give you: the ability to live here and now and enjoy it.
Before things became busy with WildHeart Vision, I was editor-in-chief of an e-zine called Inlightenment: Nourishing the Sacred Within. In every issue, we explored what it means to be spiritual in today’s world, and shared simple and practical tips for how anyone can lead a more soulful life. Along the way, we introduced the people, places, and things that nourish the mind, body, and spirit, and provided a platform for readers the world over to share their inspiring stories.
Though Inlightenment currently exists only as a Facebook community, the wisdom imparted by our contributors lives on. From time to time, I’ll share my favorite articles with you here.
The following conversation comes from a regular column called Ask and Receive, where previously unacquainted readers shared a heartfelt dialogue. Here, poet Lisa Vihos, 50, of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA, asked life coach Helena Anne Jevons 35, of Chelmsford, UK, what trust means to her.
What is the difference between trusting and risking?
Great question, soul sister! And my answer begins with a question back: what is, truly, ever at risk? Once we are secure in ourselves and trust the divinity within ourselves in every moment, with no attachment to outcome, then the very concept of risk becomes obsolete. We choose to create risk when we close our hearts, come off our centers, and don’t follow (or can’t access) our inner knowing. And we’ll continue to create that risk so we continue to learn that lesson of trust in ourselves until we can be truly in that space in every moment. Risks exists to “teach” us to follow our inner k nowing –either because of something that happened when we were a child, or something, perhaps (and for those who believe it), that was imprinted through pain or suffering in us in another life, dimension, etc. When we trust and honor ourselves, there is nothing anyone else can take from us!
Why do some of us have trouble trusting the voice inside us?
Most of us are, quite simply, http://www.confused.com! So, as you say, why? Two reasons: firstly, us white Western folks are brought up in educational establishments designed to train and reward our rational brains to “solve” things! Thus from an early age, we learn that “getting the mental answers right” is what brings us rewards and keeps us safe (via love, exam results, career success, blah blah). I have a secret theory that the more “edu-ma-cated” we are, the more problem we have trusting our the inner voice of our hearts (says a girl with a Cambridge MA). Like mice learning the route through a maze to find their cheese, we learn what brings us ‘rewards’–emotional, spiritual, physical, etc., and hardwire these patterns into our brains. Secondly, many of us have role models given to us by parents (who went through a similar education system) that it’s not ok to express who we really are. Our energy fields are still cluttered by all their beliefs. We need to defrag, disc clean, and virus scan our hard drives. We have viruses and out of date software files! Then the lovely cleaned-up you can emerge and be bigger and brighter and surer of yourself in the world.
How can we learn to be better at honoring this inner channel?
Over the past year, my long-suffering partner’s favorite “mock” was “Aaah..are you TRYING to let go again?” Our problem is we try to “figure out'” how to ‘”fix'” this problem. Here’s the thing–it’s never going to work! Figuring it out is a yang—active, rational. Accessing our inner self is ultimately a yin, intuitive processes of allowing that still, quiet voice of the heart to be heard more and more clearly, giving it space to blossom, to whisper gently, then using our active self to hold the action or position associated with that whisper in our interactions with the world. So my best advice would be to prioritize making time to start finding the ways that will allow access to that intuitive flow. Here are some ideas:
- Spend serious time with people who help you keep your heart open. This may not even be people. It may be your dog or cat, or an activity–your gardening or your pottery. Notice how easy it is to access your inner voice when you’re in this relaxed brainwave state.
- Try automatic writing: write questions and allow the answers to come through in response…you’ll be surprised.
- Learn to dowse, using a crystal or metal pendulum, and use it to check your intuitive feelings on who in your life, or what activities, are really supporting your highest path and the True You!
- Get a spiritual mentor, or someone who IS good at following this/her own in(ner) tuition! Or buddy up with someone who also wants to “tune in more to this channel.” Like with anything else, it’s good to have the support of professionals and peers.
- Sound therapy is fabulous at resetting your vibration at a higher level, as are other alternative energy therapies such as Reiki, Magnified Healing, and Metatronic Healing.
- Remember: energy follows intention. So the more you intend, in a heartfelt way, to hear that quiet whisper of your heart, and to act on it, the more that guidance will come–if you are ready to listen. However, be aware that neuroscientists have shown that it takes approximately 21 days for your brain pathways to re-pattern. So you will have to consciously work with making new choices, guided by your heart, as that happens.
- Practice a heart-opening meditation daily so that you learn what it feels like to be coming from your heart center and not your mind. Something to remember: coming from your heart doesn’t mean floating around in tie-die, playing tambourines, and signing your emails “love and light.” It means living your life from a strong place of inner knowing and compassion—for yourself and others.
Really though, you’ll have to find what the right way is for you. I get sudden creative, intuitive, heartfelt insights when I’m driving, and when I’m in the bath! I guess these activities are what relax my brainwave state, and allow my heart and intuition to shine through!
For every individual who embarks on a soul-searching journey to India, Bali, or other sacred sites around the world, there are countless others whose busy lives don’t permit an uninterrupted trip to the bathroom. The good news: the world’s wisdom is about to come to you.
The Voices of Wisdom Project (VOW) is WildHeart Vision’s new, not-for-profit initiative to preserve and promote ancient, living, and emerging wisdom in a short-form video archive that will be made available online and free for all.
Featuring the teachings of indigenous elders, the world’s foremost spiritual leaders, and the often-overlooked keepers of everyday knowledge, VOW’s videos will offer guidance on a variety of topics affecting individuals the world over: relationships, finances, forgiveness, tolerance, wellness, and much more.
An equally important part of VOW is you. We welcome people of all faiths, ethnicities, genders, and generations to submit knowledge documented in their own homes, schools, workplaces, and communities. Together, we’ll co-create one of the world’s largest collections of video wisdom to inform and uplift us all.
We hope you’ll check back often, as we’ll be sharing exciting updates in the weeks to come. Thank you so much for being here.
How many have heard that the physicist in Cern, Switzerland, have recently found small loops in time? They know that they are there, but they can´t explain them. So, how is it possible that already our ancestors knew that time was circular, not linear? How many have heard about Ayahuasca, the mother of all plants, which has incredible healing capacities? How many women in
today´s world have been raised in believing that being a woman is not a curse but a blessing? How many of you know that already thousands of years ago the incredible scientists of some indigenous tribes knew about quantum physics, something that the researchers of today are just starting to reveal? Or if we go into the more spiritual questions: what is Dreamtime? Something that the modern scientists are just starting to explore. Or the incredible impact, when the heart and the brain are working together.
Ancient wisdom can give answers to these questions and very often by just listening to the wisdom of the past, we don´t need to re-invent the wheel again and again. But unfortunately wisdom is disappearing from the world. Silent, dormant knowledge is dying, because we, in the dominant society, have selfishly ignored and stopped listening to it. The fact that we are surrounded by the most incredible devices, that we can jump into a bus or an airplane and we can surf on the web, is a result of millions and millions of cultural choices done by our ancestors. These choices have then been forwarded through knowledge and teachings from generations after generations. Unfortunately this lineage of unbroken knowledge has been cut sometimes during the industrial revolution.
Today we have all the imaginable tools to solve the problems in the world: from politics to economics, from religion to technology. And still we are living in a more turbulent world than ever. In Voices of Wisdom believe that bringing back the ancient wisdom can be a very effective component in this equation and helps to get back some balance to this world.
We are taking giant leaps in technology. It is said that the amount of information in the world will triple in two years, but at the same time we know that 95% of that information is totally useless in the long run and just turns into information noise. At the same time the development of our inner technology has been lagging behind big time. It is time also to advance our inner technology with the wisdom of the past, to be able to fully function in the present and to have wise visions for the future.